Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Marbles serves a diverse population of families, school groups and community organizations with dozens of themed exhibits, summer camps, IMAX documentary and feature films and special events year-round.
Marbles sparks imagination, discovery and learning through play.
- Ready Set Learn. Play builds intellectual, social and emotional skill for success in learning and in life.
- Be Healthy Be Active. Play promotes physical development and good health.
- Create Innovate. Play encourages imagination, creativity and self-expression.
- Explore Experiment. Play leads to discovery and kindles curiosity.
- Connect. Play teaches cooperation and collaboration, strengthens families and unites our community.
- We believe play contributes to intellectual growth, social and emotional well-being and physical development.
- We believe play helps develop 21st century workers who are able to solve problems, apply ideas, create, innovate, communicate and connect with others.
- We believe play unites communities around the critical importance of the childhood experience.
- We believe play strengthens families.
Marbles Kids Museum opened our doors on September 29, 2007. The crowd was wowed when we unveiled our new name and new exhibits after a suspenseful 24-day transformation that followed the merger of Exploris and Playspace. Why Marbles? A wall that wraps around the museum is filled with more than one million marbles that light up at night. And Marbles is a nickname for brains. At Marbles Kids Museum, kids are encouraged to use their marbles – learning new things through imagination, discovery and play.
Categories: Childrens Museum
Updated 2 years ago.